Acts 2:42

“They were continually devoting themselves to …

Prayer

A s we study Acts together, we have a unique opportunity to pray for BSF around the world. Using the comment section below, please include your class location as you share prayer requests and praiseworthy moments with other BSFers.

1,079 Comments

1. Patricia Williams

Giving thanks and praise to Almighty God, for who He is, and for All He is! Thank you Lord for your unconditional love, your mercy and your grace. Thank you for the gift of your Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for your Spirit, the Holy Spirit that you have left to dwell within us. Forgive us of all sins, both known and unknown. We repent of all sin. We thank you for blessing us in all things. You are an awesome, loving, wise and wonderful God! We love you Lord, and praise your Holy name. Thank you for first loving us, and then, teaching us how to love! Your praises will always be on our lips.

2. Yolanda

Please pray for me.

• Carol

Dear Yolanda, may our Maker and Heavenly Father, bless you with the knowledge and the truth that He loves you. May your eyes and ears be opened to know that He cares for you and wants you to experience this in ways that bring healing to your soul. However you are in need, may He provide for those needs in practical and miraculous ways so that you will know without a doubt that He has done it. I ask these things in Jesus’ name, amen.

• Joby Clauss

Father I praise your holy name, you are sovereign and generous. In your faithfulness you have drawn Yolanda to yourself. As she comes near you will also come near to her. You gave us the book of Ruth to show Yolanda (and us) how much you love and care for her (and us). Abba you know what Yolanda is passing through and without even saying a word she is receiving your provision. Incline her heart toward you, open her eyes to see the wonders in your Word, unite her heart with yours, satisfy her fully as only You can. Amen!

3. Leigh

Praying for a spiritual breakthrough for A’s mother. Allow me to honor her through the love of Jesus. I pray that God opens doors to a relationship so that A can have a stable father. No more mind games. No more pain for A. Just love and support from both families. Two families becoming one.

4. Minu

Please pray for my daughter. – she is finding it difficult to cope up with COVID circumstances and is having a tough time with online schooling.

5. Phindile Mabaso

My prayer request is as follows, and been influenced by the book of James. I need to learn to tame my tongue. To know the time and the way to say everything. Everything I do and say must be based upon the word

6. Laura

I am praising God for the ability to continue our Acts study on Zoom this month-it feels like it was written “for such a time as this” even though we know it was produced over a year ago! I’m a part of the Women’s satellite class in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas and one of our ladies (a “snow bird “) was able to continue with our group online even though she went back to South Dakota for the summer! God’s word is unstoppable!!

7. Tiffany

Please pray for my son, Keagan. He’s 14 and struggling to trust that God is good. He can’t grasp how a good God would allow so much suffering. The COVID crisis has revealed doubt and anger. He recently studied the Holocaust in school and has had trouble reconciling these events with God’s sovereignty. Praying Philippians 1:6Open in Logos Bible Software (if available) over him. Asking the Lord for wisdom in parenting. At a loss….please join me in this battle. Asking the Lord for TRUTH and mercy. Also, asking him to allow Keagan to walk by faith and not by feeling.

• Karen Kane

Dear God,
      Please draw Keagan near to You. Let Him see You, Your goodness, Your ever presence, Your love and compassion. Let him see the good coming from this COVID situation; open his eyes and let him know Romans 8:28 in all things You work for the good of those who love you and are called according to Your purpose. Draw Keagan to cast his cares (and fears) on You, to lay them at the foot of the cross. Bring him a Christian friend or mentor. Give Tiffany wisdom to connect and listen to Keagan’s concerns. Help this family during this time and let all of them see how You are working on their behalf and for Your glory. In Jesus’ name, amen.

8. Jennifer McGee

Prayers for my Friend Sissy. She just finished her 4th Chemo treatment and 2nd Stem cell transplant for Lymphoma. She is currently in the hospital by herself due to the Covid virus.

9. Margaret Parkinson

I enjoy the study of
    Acts thank you

10. Cindi Ann Brooks

I pray that we can find another BSF meeting. We were suprised last Thursday night that BSF was no longer going to offered to the Dublin area. No explantion except that our leader was going to teach on line now. I pray that the ladies that were in our group finds other bible studies to have. I have been with BSF now for several years and am very broken hearted not to be able to continue the study. I can not go to the day class like I once did in Macon Ga and my daughter that kicked off this class can not go because of work. Please God give a on line class so we both can continue our wonderful study of Gods word. In Jesus name I pray.. Amen

• Bennett Rolan

Hi Cindi Ann,
      All current BSF classes are meeting online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There is also a “BSF Online” class option where group members from around the world can meet using online resources. To learn more about BSF Online, go to bsfonline.org and subscribe to the newsletter for updates.
      In the meantime, contact your GL to learn more about your current group’s status. I hope you’re able to log in!

• Pamela Faulkner

Dear Cindy Ann
      Just to confirm for anyone else reading your comment, you mean Dublin in the US, and not Dublin in Ireland. There is a strong and vibrant day women’s satellite discussion group meeting there, praise God.
      Pam

11. Joanne

Praise God for healing my husband again. He is full of mercy, grace, and power. May God continue to bless my husband with His unstoppable love and to open his heart,mind ,and soul to come to Jesus, our saviour.

12. paula Coxson

Please pray for my sister, she needs God!

• Bev

I have so many in my family who are either ambivalent or antagonistic toward the faith. All have heard the gospel. I continue to pray that God will put someone in their lives that they WILL listen to and open their eyes, ears, and minds to accept the truth. I will add your sister.

13. Louise Hebbeler

Greetings, thank you for providing BSF Zoom and online resources!
    My husband and I are GLs and with the Virus outbreak’ was asked by my family to take care of my mother with dementia full time.

Serving the Lord in this role, has been an anchor to my soul. It is kept me grounded in God‘s word and has given me purpose while I am at home. I am so thankful for this digital opportunity to serve the Lord.
    Blessings and Prayers to our Unstoppable God.

• Himi Know

It is a blessing indeed for a family to partnership in both marriage and ministry. Faith with works from an Unstoppable God!

14. Karen Moellenhoff

Please pray for my mother Dee, who has bi-polar disorder and has been off her medication for 5 years, Pray for her to have her appt. May 12th and it will not get cancelled again and that the doctor will be agreeable to her and that God will give the doctor wisdom on bringing mom healing. Pray that my mom cooperates and does all the testing.
    Pray for my Dad as he lives is a horrible environment esp. during this Covid-19 period and he has been shut in with her for long periods of time. Pray for my Dad’s Protection (George) from her and that Jesus will reveal himself to my Dad and that he will surrender his entire life to Jesus. Pray for my anxiety and that God will show me how to minister to my mom and dad and love and support my Dad.

• Jenny

Praying for you Karen. I am just now reading this, but I want to encourage you to know you are not alone in your situation. I too have a mother with bi-polar and I know it looks different for everyone but walking through mental illness and seeing the affects of it are so difficult. What I do know is that God loves you dearly, he loves your father dearly and he loves your mother dearly. Praying for healing and a sound mind for your mom, for protection and comfort for your dad, and peace and wisdom for you.

15. Kimberly Schuette

Virginia Beach, VA
    Please pray for an unbelieving friend with whom I’ve been led to begin to share scripture. He seems receptive. Please pray for the Spirit’s leading on what to share, and for God’s Word to take root in his heart, leading to true faith.

• Karen Moellenhoff

Lord thank you for Kimberly and the heart she has to share the Gospel with her friend. Please give her wisdom and right words as she continues to be there and to be a good friend. Lord Guide Kimberly to ask good questions and listen well to her friend to find out what he knows about you and what he believes about God. Lord we pray as Kimberly shares her faith that you will soften her friends heart and allow seeds to be planted, grow and be water. Draw this man nearer to you and help him to see his own sin and give him a desire to turn toward Jesus. In Jesus name.