What’s New for Genesis

What’s New for Genesis

BY SUZANNE WELLS, BSF REGIONAL DIRECTOR

Before smartphones. Before the internet. Before the printing press. Before the ease of accessibility. How did God’s people share God’s Word with one another?

In ancient times, Scripture was made accessible to the world by men and women reading it aloud (Exodus 24:7, Deuteronomy 31:10-11, Joshua 8:34-35, 2 Kings 23:1-3, Nehemiah 8:3-8, Luke 4:16, 1 Timothy 4:13). Then, over time, individuals were called to translate Scripture. Others were called to teach Scripture. Parents were called to talk about the commands of Scripture with their children, (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; 11:18-21). Christians in the first and second centuries quoted portions of Scripture in their written letters and carried copies of Scripture with them on their travels.

In other words, throughout history, Scripture – both the Old Testament and New – has broken into the known world through ordinary people, living ordinary, everyday lives.

This year, BSFers around the globe have an extraordinary opportunity to join in this same movement. Through BSF’s Helping One Another strategy, we are calling all BSFers to spread the truth of God’s Word to new people, places and populations. But how?

God’s Word Cannot Be Stopped

Over the past five months, the BSF campus has been closed in compliance with local coronavirus precautions. Because we have been unable to operate our printing press, we are inviting you to help one another by creatively providing BSF Genesis lesson materials to all who are hungry for God’s Word. This is our Helping One Another strategy.

We believe this season is not just a trial to be endured, but a God-ordained opportunity for growth and ministry. What if the study of God’s Word through BSF spread today like the Scriptures spread throughout the first century Church – from Jerusalem to Judea and Samaria, to the ends of the earth? What if God’s truth broke into today’s world with the same transformational power we have seen throughout history? We believe we will see God work in powerful ways as we commit to help one another.

What’s Ahead

Your BSF Headquarters staff have been praying for specific opportunities during this global pandemic to magnify God and mature His people. We have prayed that God might foster creativity and provide solutions for accessing BSF materials, and He has answered. It is with great excitement and trust in God that we share with you what’s new for Genesis:

A new BSF app scheduled to be launched in September, which will allow BSF members to complete their lessons on their smartphones

A new lesson layout for the School Program questions

New emphasis in the BSF notes to highlight and apply biblical doctrine

A Genesis Prayer Guide with weekly connections to this year’s study to carry us through these trying times

New opportunities to reach your community with God’s Word and BSF through four, character-based mini-studies interspersed throughout the Genesis study year, including Noah, Abraham, Jacob and Joseph

New and simplified options for giving to BSF through PayPal as a means to expand the reach of God’s Word (available for international classes as well)

What’s Your ‘New’?

So, how will you make the most of all these new options?

Maybe you will extend a new invitation to BSF to someone outside your usual circle of friends.

Perhaps you will discover a new ministry opportunity by printing lessons for someone in your discussion group.

Or perhaps your new step during this Genesis study year just might be an intentional call to prayer for God’s Word to break into the lives of new people in new populations and new places.

What will be your “new” this BSF year?

As we await the return of Christ to make all things truly new, let’s seize opportunities to share and spread the truth of God’s Word by helping one another access and maximize the BSF Genesis study! Share your new beginning with us on social media (Instagram or Facebook) with the hashtag #bsfgenesis or email us at stories@bsfinternational.org.

1. Thank you I look forward to studying the principles of Genesis as I drink from the cup that overflows in Bible Study Fellowship

2. Inviting all my friends for the Study of Genesis.

3. I thank God that we will be able to continue with BSF to study the book of Genesis.
    Am looking forward to join the BSF family as it helps me to continue learning God’s word as it helps me grow in my knowledge of the Bible.

This will be more convenient as one can do the work when free for those who work odd hours.
    Do I have to register again or I can continue with the old BSF class?

May god bless you all especially those in leadership.

Blessings, Grace.

• Dear Grace, you will need to be registered with a class to study Genesis. To find out if you’re currently registered, contact your class leadership. You can find that information here: https://www.bsfinternational.org/map

4. That’s a wise and nice job!!

5. What an exciting time to be a part of BSF! I truly feel that opportunities to share via social media will reach far and wide (even the more) as we adjust to our “new” norm in how we study God’s Word for discussion groups. Our God is Unstoppable, and how awesome that He is preparing our hearts for such timely truths, starting with the beginning…Genesis!

6. Hello, I am in a new city and state. I am trying to find out how to enroll in a group or just do self study. I have participated in BSF in Colorado and California. The daytime class is too far and I no longer drive at night if I do not have to. I don’t mind working on-line.

Bottom line: how can I enroll in an on-line or satellite to class? Looking forward to the study of Genesis this year.

• Dear Sylvia, excited to get you connected! To find a nearby satellite class, search here: https://www.bsfinternational.org/map

To find out more about BSF Online registration, sign up for updates at bsfonline.org

To study at home or start your own group using BSF materials, visit wordgo.org.

7. COUNT ME IN. I WANT DO ALL I CAN TO HELP MYSELF AND OTHERS. THIS METHOD MAY BE AN EXCELLENT WAY TO REACH OUT TO THE UNEXPECTED ONES AND BRING THEM TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. IT WILL CONNECT ALL TOGETHER AS ONE.

8. Looking so forward to the study of Genesis!

9. BSF Hq – Regarding the “new BSF app” to be launched in September: Is this the “CBSF” app developed by a BSF class? Many in my group started using it last year and found it very useful.
    John

• Hi John, it is! The CBSF developers are working with our team to update the app to fit BSF needs. So glad you found it helpful!

10. Excited for this new journey and sharing God’s word.

11. That’s great! I feel that God is doing what was done in ACTs through this crisis. May God’s word reach to our Judea, our Samaria, and to the ends of the world

12. Hello at BSF,

We thank God for the good work that is going on. We are looking forward to beginning the study of genesis and we pray that we shall have the best of it despite our non physical contact. My greeting to fellow men and wish each and every one good stay God being our helper.

13. Need the Genesis BSF Lesson “Online” along with the Lecture and Notes
    Please can you organize this for me as I am home bound due to Covid.

• Dear Beryl, you can create an account at mybsf.org to access lessons and notes. Contact your local bsf class for additional support:

• Are we going too meet up at the church are on zoom if so when will rwe receive the information

• Hi Gloria, if you’re registered in a BSF class your group leader will contact you soon with detailed information. If you have specific questions, you can contact your class leadership here: https://www.bsfinternational.org/map

14. I have 4 friends who would like to join BSF this year! When will the signups be and when will the class begin?
    How do they register?

• Hi Christie, that’s amazing news! Visit https://www.bsfinternational.org/map to find the nearest class. Contact the class leadership for more information about registration. Praying for you and your friends!

15. I like very much the new ideas and pray for God;s name will be magnified through our new beginning.I personally would prefer to share in Zoom group like last term.

• Dorcas, thank you for the encouragement!

• I Thank you for the information submitted. I would like to do the Zoom classes. How will we get our notes and will we still get to hear a lecture.nWill we be with our same group before the pandemic stopped our meeting together.nGod Bless😊

• Hi Julie, most classes will be starting on Zoom this fall. Contact your local class leadership for more information about your group and class plan. You can find that class information here https://www.bsfinternational.org/map